Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
Aircraft assemblers assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to manufacture fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft or aircraft subassemblies. Aircraft assembly inspectors inspect aircraft assemblies for adherence to engineering specifications. They are employed by aircraft and aircraft subassembly manufacturers.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Aircraft assemblers
- Read and interpret aircraft assembly diagrams
- Assemble and fit pre-fabricated parts to form subassemblies, working at benches or directly on an aircraft structure
- Assemble, fit and install pre-fabricated parts and subassemblies such as aircraft skins, flight controls, rigging, hydraulics and other mechanical systems.
- Aircraft assembly inspectors
- Inspect aircraft assemblies, using measuring and testing equipment, for adherence to engineering specifications
- Inspect assemblies for alignment, symmetry, dimensions, fit and quality of workmanship
- Complete detailed inspection documentation.
- aircraft assembler
- aircraft inspector, assembly
- bench fitter mechanic – aircraft assembly
- wing tank mechanic – aircraft assembly
- rigger – aircraft assembly
- bench and structural assembler
- airframe assembler