Other trades and related occupations, n.e.c.
Workers in other skilled trades occupations repair, service, install, calibrate or fabricate a variety of products, not elsewhere classified. This unit group also includes commercial divers. They are employed by a wide range of establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Fabricate guns and repair and modify firearms according to blueprints or customers’ specifications.
- Repair, install and adjust locks, make keys and change lock combinations.
- Recreation vehicle technicians
- Repair or replace electrical wiring, plumbing, propane gas lines, appliances, windows, doors, cabinets and structural frames in recreational vehicles.
- Safe and vault servicers
- Install, repair and maintain safes and vaults in banks and other establishments.
- Saw fitters
- Repair, set and sharpen band saws, chain saws, circular saws and other types of saw blades according to specifications.
- Die setters
- Select dies for forging according to work order and specifications; position align and bolt dies to ram and anvil of power presses and hammers.
- Commercial divers
- Perform underwater activities related to construction, inspection, search, salvage, repair and photography.
- explosive ordnance detector
- restoration steeplejack
- reclamation diver
- vault repairer
- safe maker
- aircraft patternmaker
- die setter
- commercial diver
- underwater contractor
- saw fitter
- small arms repairer
- recreation vehicle technician