Airline ticket and service agents
Airline ticket and service agents issue tickets, provide fare quotations, make reservations, conduct passenger check-in, trace missing baggage, arrange for cargo shipments and perform other related customer service duties to assist airline passengers. They are employed by airline companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Airline passenger and ticket agents
- Help customers plan travel time and routes, prepare and issue tickets, assign seats, prepare boarding passes, check baggage, attend boarding gates
- Assist pre-boarding passengers and provide information on fares and flight schedules and routes.
- Airline baggage agents
- Trace lost, delayed or misdirected baggage for customers.
- Airline cargo agents
- Weigh cargo and compute freight costs, calculate charges for services and insurance, process bills of lading, cargo manifests and other documents
- Trace lost or misdirected cargo and maintain shipping and other records.
- Airline reservation agents
- Reserve seats for tour companies, travel agencies, wholesalers and the general public using computerized systems
- Provide information on airline passengers and process mileage points.
- Airline station agents
- Complete pre-flight documents regarding passenger and cargo load, catering count, special requests and other flight information
- Relay operational messages to operations control and downline stations
- Perform duties of ticket, baggage and cargo agents.
- Airline load planners
- Calculate load weights for compartments of aircraft using charts and computers
- Plan load to distribute and balance cargo.
- client service representative – airline
- passenger service representative
- airline cargo agent
- station agent – airline
- airline baggage agent
- load planner, airline
- ticket agent, airline
- baggage tracer – airline
- counter services agent – airline
- customer service agent – airline
- passenger agent, airline
- reservation agent, airline