Storekeepers and partspersons
Storekeepers and partspersons sort, store and issue parts and supplies for use by the establishment in which they work and for sale to the public. They are employed by manufacturing companies, warehouses, retail and wholesale establishments, mining, forestry and construction companies, repair shops, hospitals and other establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Receive and sort incoming parts and supplies
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in a warehouse, tool room, supply room or other area
- Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute parts and supplies for internal usage
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual or computerized inventory system
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Sell spare and replacement parts for motor vehicles, machinery and equipment in a retail setting
- Advise retail customers or internal users on appropriateness of parts, supplies or materials requested.
- Partspersons may specialize in a particular line of parts such as automotive parts, recreational vehicle parts, marine parts, heavy equipment parts, agricultural machinery parts, heating, ventilating and air conditioning parts or refrigeration parts.
- automotive partsperson – retail
- parts clerk
- parts supplier
- ship storeman/woman
- tool room attendant
- ammunition storekeeper
- material keeper
- medical supply clerk
- motor vehicle parts clerk