Pursers and flight attendants
Pursers and flight attendants ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and crew members during flights. Ship pursers attend to the safety and comfort of passengers aboard ships. Airline pursers and flight attendants are employed by airline companies. Ship pursers are employed by tour boat or cruise ship companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Flight attendants
- Greet passengers, explain and demonstrate safety procedures, check the general condition of the aircraft cabin, ensure that all necessary supplies are on board
- Attend to safety of passengers during take-offs, landings and emergencies
- Serve food and beverages to passengers and make flight announcements.
- Flight pursers, customer service directors and passenger service directors
- Co-ordinate the activities of flight attendants, provide service to passengers during flight and complete reports.
- Ship pursers
- Supervise ship attendants and arrange activities for passengers
- Conduct ship’s business, such as signing on crew, maintaining payroll records, assisting passengers in preparing customs declarations and supervising baggage storage.
- passenger service director – water transportation
- purser, airline
- flight attendant
- ship purser
- flight service director